All the instructions.
Now over to you.
Kahuna Creations have done us the favour of preparing a series of 101s that help you size up your stick and learn how to use it.
CHOOSING A KAHUNA STICK
The factors that determine which is the right stick for you.
FOOT PLACEMENT AND RIDING STYLE
Regular or goofy?
HOW TO GET ON YOUR BOARD
The first time...
HOW TO PADDLE
- Keep your eye on the horizon
- Keep the road blade parallel with the longboard
- Roll the Road Blade like a car tyre as you push off the ground.
HOW TO PERFECT YOUR STROKE
Getting the most out or every paddle.
HOW TO BACKSIDE PADDLE
- Open up your stance
- Point your lead foot straight ahead
- Square your shoulders facing forward
- Transition the paddle from front to backside
HOW TO STOP
- Ride it out
- Turn up hill
- Use the Kahuna Stick as a break (Lean back and press the blade of the Kahuna Stick into the ground)
- Carve to reduce speed until you come to a stop
HOW TO CARVE
Carving is a method to increase control and speed. Turn heelside and toeside.
HOW TO RIDE SUP-STYLE
This is for expert riders only. Once you have mastered surf style riding, SUP style riding is a fun variant. Riding with you feet together or slightly staggered for better balance, shoulder width apart, facing forward.